Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Bummis Flannel Fitted Product Review

Disclaimer: I was provided a free Bummis Flannel Fitted for the purpose of this review.  I was not compensated for my review, and all views are my own honest opinion of this diaper.

I was really excited to be selected to be a product tester/reviewer for Bummis Flannel Fitted diapers. I've done product testing and reviews in the past - but never for cloth diapers! Since I have a six month old, and quite a bit of experience with cloth diapers, I knew this would be a great opportunity to try something new! 

I should start off by telling you that I tend to gravitate toward diaper covers with either hemp or bamboo prefold inserts. 

Since Ella is so tiny (she's six months now - and 13.5 lbs), I was excited to see how these diapers would function on a tiny baby. I was pleasantly surprised!







 The diaper is made in Canada, using American and imported fabrics. It is a One Size diaper, meaning it fits from birth to potty training. It's interior is made out of 100% organic cotton Sherpa (made in the USA); and it's extremely soft. The exterior is made out of Flannel, and it comes in a variety of feminine, masculine and unisex prints. There is no microfiber in the diaper, which I was very happy about. It has cross-over tabs, and rise snaps to give a perfect fit even on teeny babies. This diaper would easily fit a newborn in my opinion.



Rise Snaps

Sherpa Interior

Snap Quality

Cross Over Snaps 


Very tiny Snap setting

 Cute Prints!

 Great Leg Elastic!

 Wide Comfy Waist Elastic

 Wide Comfy Waist Elastic

The Fit on my 13.5 lbs daughter


The type of diaper is a fitted - which means you put a cover on top of the diaper.  It is very trim, and fit perfectly under all the covers I tried. Part of me was a bit sad about having to cover up the super cute print! I do like that if Ella had a rash (never happened yet - but you never know) - I could put this diaper on without a cover to get some air to her bum without worrying about accidents on my floor/furniture.

This specific diaper is meant for daytime wear, and if using for nap time or night time, a booster would definitely be needed. I found that Ella completely saturated the diaper after about two hours.  With that being said we've only been using it for three weeks, and I know the absorbency increases the more you wash it. We have not had any leaks while using this product. It has great leg elastic, and really wide waist elastics!

The average cost of this diaper seems to be around $24.95 each. In comparison, I usually spend around $26 for a cover & insert, so it's a bit more pricey, as this diaper also needs a cover to be used in addition to it.

I expected the diaper print to fade after a few washes, but it hasn't.  It has also remained extremely soft, and it dries quickly!

Based on my positive experience with this product, it will definitely remain in our regular rotation.  I'm also interested in one day trying out the Bummis Dimple Diaper - which is their night time fitted solution!

Click this link to see all available prints on the Bummis website: BUMMIS FLANNEL FITTED 

Click this link to find a retailer near you: WHERE TO BUY or you can check out Calgary Cloth Diaper Depot (where I buy diapers) - bonus points if you note in your order comments that Shawna Reed sent you! Calgary Cloth Diaper Depot - Bummis Fitted

No comments:

Post a Comment