Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Being a Mom shouldn't mean giving up your hobbies... right????

So Ella is now six months old, and I hadn't had the chance to really do one of my favourite hobbies in almost 8 months - until this past Monday! My hobby is photography... and I know what you are all thinking - you have a baby - of course you've been doing what you love during this time! Well you'd be partially correct.  Of course I've been taking pictures of Ella as she grows.  But one of my favourite parts of Photography is getting out into the fresh air with my camera, and getting some photos of subjects that aren't necessarily my own baby...

Finally on Monday, I gathered my camera (Hubby got me a new Nikon SLR for my birthday last December), put Ella in the stroller, got Maya ready, and grabbed my niece.  The objective was to walk.  What happened was an impromptu photo shoot of the two older girls!  This made me feel so good since Ella tends to always be the subject of photos - so it was nice that Maya got her time to shine again :)

Here are a few of my favourite shots from the session (not edited):

















 
And one Edited version:



All images appearing are the exclusive property of Shawna L. Reed and are protected under the Canadian and International Copyright laws.

The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of Shawna L. Reed.

Use of any image as the basis for another photographic concept or illustration (digital, artist rendering or alike) is a violation of the Canadian and International Copyright laws. All images are copyrighted © 2014 Shawna L. Reed.

No comments:

Post a Comment